Sunday, May 11, 2008

Temps de Flors

Welcome to one of the most beautiful weeks in Girona: The Temps de Flors
This is when artists decorate the city in flowers as a competition. Check out the website here: The Temps de Flors
I spent part of my Saturday wandering around and re-discovering Girona in all its' glory. I was a tourist again and it was wonderful! Guiding myself around by a map, clicking pictures and seeing the city in a whole different light. I had to stop myself a few times and just soak it all in because I found myself so focused on taking pictures that i wasn't standing around long enough to just enjoy the art of it, the beauty. This reminds me to take time out of each day to stop, breathe and take something or someone in.... it's that whole being present thing again. I noticed myself being so focused on getting the good picture, the artistic picture that I know I missed the entire meaning on a couple of the exhibits. I am planning to spend a little time each day the rest of the week just trying to soak it in rather than rushing through it. I am thinking I shouldn't even take my camera next time. I think there is a song about this concept.... by John Mayer.... it is called 3x5.

Here are the lyrics:
I'm writing you to catch you up on places I've been
And you have this letter you probably got excited, but there's nothing else inside it
didn't have a camera by my side this time
hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to lose my way with words
TODAY skies are painted colors of a cowboy cliche'
And its strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky
are next to mountains anyway
Didn't have a camera by my side this time
Hoping I would see the world through both my eyes
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm
in the mood to lose my way
but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
NO more 3x5's
I Guess you had to be there
I Guess you had to be with me
Today I finally overcame
tryin' to fit the world inside a picture frame
Maybe I will tell you all about it when I'm in the mood to
lose my way but let me say
You should have seen that sunrise with your own eyes
it brought me back to life
You'll be with me next time I go outside
no more 3x5's
just no more 3x5's

So here I go... I will continue to write about our experiences over here in beautiful Spain so maybe you can imagine yourself along side of us taking it all in......

Check out more pictures of the day in the link on the right hand column titled Temps de Flors.

No comments: