Sunday, May 25, 2008

An international dinner party....




I had my first dinner party last night with 4 women I met in my Spanish class. We had 3 generations sitting around the table from 3 different countries. It was a pretty amazing experience. Attending were: Lucy, 22 years old from Ireland. She is in Girona teaching English and has been here since last fall. Anna who is also 22 years old, is and o'pair living just outside Girona I am not sure how long she has been here. Elizabeth, 72 from Chicago, Illinois. Her daughter lives here and so Elizabeth moved here as well. She has been here since last fall as well. The menu was fresh salmon, cous cous, and fresh sauteed veges... for dessert we sat around the table and devoured a pint of Haagen Daaz.

We spoke mostly in English with a few Spanish words thrown in for good measure. It was really neat to hear about everyones experiences in life. We talked about the time the 3 have spent living in other countries; Lucy has lived in South Africa, Anna spent a year in Australia, and Elizabeth told a great story about being an o'pair in Jamaica. We also talked about our Spanish class, traveling around in Spain and lots of other stuff. I realized how much I miss my friends and family and how grateful I am to have met some people here. It has been a while since I have entertained and I forgot how much I love it. It was a wonderful night.
Thanks Ladies for helping me make yet anothe great memory in Girona!!!

No comments: