Sunday, May 25, 2008

Are you a Traveler or Vacationer?
















Over a glass of wine last night my friend Elizabeth and I had a discussion about this topic. She told me she thought there were 2 types of people in the world.... vacationers and travelers. She said travelers were people that go places to see the people and the culture, they study guide books, and immerse themselves in the experience. Vacationers go somewhere to relax to get away from their life.
Now I would have to say I have been a vacationer most of my life. Most of my vacations have been based around relaxation, not getting into the culture, people, or the experience of the country or place. I think that is now changing after living in Europe for a little while. I am now more likely to pick up a guide book or study a destination prior to going. It is an interesting topic to discuss.... so what are you? Traveler? Vacationer? Both? Would love to hear what you all think on the topic.....

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is a very interesting question. I would have to say that I have been a vacationer. Mostly because the places I have gone in my adult life have been with a goal of rest and relaxation. Now, if I have the chance to go to Europe, my dream is to visit Italy one day, I would definitely be a traveler as I would like to experience the culture and everything the country has to offer.

So, could this also be part of the question? Do you have a goal for your travels??

Love you and miss you!
Jen