Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back in the Saddle

Welcome (back) to Spain!
Wow, after a month back in the states it seems like forever since I added to the blog or spoke Spanish. I was at home for the month of April living a very different life than we do in Spain. Holy cow we have a lot of conveniences in the states.....
So a regular question I got while in CO was ..... What did I miss the most while away?

My answer:

Soy Lattes at my local coffee shop.... (I think I just heard my European friends sigh) I know... How American of me, huh? Well, it's the truth. You really can't get a soy latte in Girona, Starbucks hasn't invaded yet.... :) Friends and Family: I was so great to see everyone and be on the same time zone as most of the people in our lives. We have such amazing friends and family.

Then I asked myself.....What did I miss about Spain?
Well quite a few things....
Walking! It is amazing what a stress reliever walking is. When I am in Spain I walk everywhere. It is amazing how when I go out to the grocery store or anything in Spain I don't miss driving because I don't really have a choice. In the states? Drove my car like it was going out of style.... oh how the pardigm shifts when your options change. Quite crazy.
Fresh Bread! There are bakeries everywhere near our house and we definitely have become bread snobs..... day old bread just doesn't cut it anymore.
Speaking Spanish! It pains me to say this..... really it does, but I was really getting it down prior to going to the states. When I picked up my Spanish book when I got back it really looked foreign. I am sure just a few days back in the saddle and I will remember more.

What a great experience we are getting.... we get to miss stuff in 2 countries.
You really can't beat that.

No comments: