Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Superman is alive and well and living in Girona

I know you are going to think that I am crazy but if you are wondering where all the Super Heroes and Disney princesses are .... they are here in Girona. I haven't been able to figure out why they are all here, but I do know their schedule. Saturday's. Saturday's they come out in full force. Showing their razzle dazzle threads and might I say they look fantastic.

Take the picture to the left. Superman. Doesn't he look fantastic? So young! and that Hair! Beautiful. Yet he didn't want to show his face..... so mysterious. His Mom was so sweet in trying to help me get a picture of him from the front. She was coaxing him and just kept saying SuperMan, SuperMan, but he wouldn't have anything to do with it. Personally? I was happy just to get a shot of his back.

I get such a kick out the next statement I am about to make. Costumes on kids is a common thing here in Girona. Isn't that great? They don't get one day a year to dress up... they get like 50! Kids in costumes are everywhere. Not a bad gig if you are a kid. How much did you love dressing up when you were young? Dragging that costume out whenever you could so you could be someone else for the day. I have to admit, I am quite jealous. Imagine, Sleeping Beauty one day, Spiderman the next. If I put this into action for myself it could do quite a bit for my ego.







Here's a fun fact. These pictures were taken on one Saturday afternoon and if the camera hadn't conked out on me I would have had atleast 5 more pictures of other costumes. It was such a kick to watch these kids parading around just like it was any other day. I am going to try to get a real picture with one of them soon, and maybe an autograph or 2. My lesson for the day?
Pretend like you are someone else..... and have a lot of fun doing it!

4 comments:

Krista said...

So thinking about wearing my superhero costume to work tomorrow... ;-)

Jen said...

Ahhh, man, I wrote a comment and then it disappeared. Looks like Angie had the same problem.. so anyway...

I think we have found a place for your nephew Jack. He would fit in very well in Girona. Loves his Spidey costume to this day and will wear it every chance he gets. Just imagine if he knew there were others out there just like him. This is great stuff!

Unknown said...

Such a cool blog! The reflection one it so true.

AndrewUnk said...

Is there a baby on the way I should know about?

Love,

Keith